• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Android] Game won't start on Lollipop/Android 5.0 (PARTIALLY FIXED!)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Android] Game won't start on Lollipop/Android 5.0 (PARTIALLY FIXED!)

Q: I just bought Fieldrunners (or maybe it was Fieldrunners 2) for Android—or, heck, maybe I recently upgraded the operating system on my Android device—and the game won't even start. What's the deal?

A: This is likely to be an issue with the new Android runtime (a.k.a. "ART"), which can be activated in KitKat and comes installed by default on the new Android 5.0 operating system, Lollipop. Our games weren't originally designed to be compatible with ART, but we're working on rectifying that now. It takes time to fix the code and test it to make sure that we don't inadvertently break anything else in the process, but please keep an eye out for updates.

Update: The fix for Fieldrunners 2 just went live on the Google Play Store, so Android players who purchase from Google should be able to run the game without issue now. We are still working on the fix for Fieldrunners HD and investigating options for games purchased through Amazon, but we expect to have more good news soon!

Comment

I acquired my copy of field runners and field runners 2 via Humble Bundle. Will there be a fix for us?

Comment

i too bought this via the humble bundle. when can we expect an update or fix for the humble bundle version?

Comment

Working...
        X